24 January 2011

FOODIE THOUGHTS: Gayuma Ni Maria (Maginhawa St. Sikatuna Village)

Back in college, I was not able to give this unique and very quaint place a visit. The name was Gayuma and located at E. Abada St. and they offered dishes that are named provocatively. And they also have tarot card reading on some days. I was not able to go, I don't know why so I missed that. Then they closed down. Aawwww..

B
ut Gayuma has been reincarnated again and this time, Gayuma Ni Maria is the new name and located at Maginhawa St. Sikatuna Village, that long expanse of street that contains a lot of small restos that are very unique, cozy and offers great food. Foodie lovers mecca. 

S
o one night, I decided to treat my dad and brother, and took them here. It was jampacked! It was a friday night and salary day. We were seated in a table near the wall that offers books and some stuff about love, sex and mysticism like witchcraft and wiccan ways. Cool!

The place. It was an old house, well not very old but not very new either. But they transformed it in the sense that they decorated it with knick-knacks and on the walls, you can see quotes, etc. But it was very cozy. And you can see judging from the people that eat there that they are enjoying themselves. Just laid back, laughing with each other, enjoying the food. And this place caters to all age groups. You will feel at home right away.

Love, sex and mysticism wall

The service. Our waitress Len was very polite, courteous and knowledgeable. Since it was our first time, we asked her what the bestsellers are and she confidently said what those were and that was what we ordered. She was fast and attentive. We really like her and we applaud her for her good customer service skills.



The food. Here are the pics:


For my dad, he had the I Love you, Cross My Heart (P195) consists of chicken breast with cheese, mushroom and asparagus. The chicken was very tender and the sauce just right.



Mine was Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back (P240) which I really enjoyed. It's cocoa-crusted cream dory fish with chocolate sauce. Even in my main course,chocolate follows me. But its heavenly, I strongly suggest it. Highly recommended. Even in the newspaper article, this was recommended too.

 My brother had the Rock Me, Baby! (P195) which in common definition is hickory barbecue pork ribs with rice and corn. 


And for the piece de resistance, the dessert which is cake slathered with generous chocolate sauce. The name is Beats Sex Anyday (P75). It's so good! No words. Just that. SO GOOD! yum! 

the satisfied diners..all smiles

O
h, I loved everything that we ordered that's why I really appreciate Len.

F
or our meal, I paid P690. No tax included. Just left a good tip for Len. And good answers on their survey form. I will come back. Definitely! 


RESTO FACTS:
Gayuma ni Maria
123 V. Luna Extension (Maginhawa Street), Quezon City
Tel. No. (0921) 681-8989
Open from 10 am - 11 pm on Monday - Saturday and 10:00 am - 10:00 pm on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...