26 September 2010

BOHOL: my 'real' first experience

Last May 14-17, my family and I went to Bohol to visit relatives. I've been to Bohol  before but that was an official trip so my experience that time just extended to eating in a chinese resto as a treat by the client. That's it. I was not able to go to a market even, my Peanut Kisses were given by the client. So when this trip finally pushed through, I was so excited. This was not the regular travel itinerary because we are with relatives but still, the whole experience made me love Bohol so much. I now know where this feeling of melancholy passes through my mom when she thinks of the lovely province.

Day 1 (May 14, 2010)
- my arrival at Cebu then go straight to pier 1 to board the Starcraft fast ferry bound for Tubigon port

- go to tito caloy's house for the baptismal celebration of his apo

- go to Treasure Island Beach Resort to have a few snaps taken before sunset
- go back to tito caloy's house for dinner

DAY 2 (May 15, 2010)
- wake up early to attend the fiesta mass.. Happy Fiesta, Calape!!
- go up the San Vicente Ferrer Parish Church altar..by the way, there are only 2 churches in the Philippines that are considered heritage sites with a gothic theme..San Sebastian in Manila and San Vicente Ferrer here in Calape, Bohol
- house hopping for the fiesta celebration..1st house
- visited our great relatives graves..1st time I visited the grave of my great-great and great lolo and lola
- 2nd house hopping for the day..tita norma's
- attend Mr. & Ms. Calape to show support for a distant relative

DAY 3 (May 16, 2010)
- early start for a day-long trip visiting the tourist spots:
  * sagbayan peak
  * see the tarsier
  * picnic along the road
  * chocolate hills
  * bilar man made forest
  * baclayon church
  * blood compact site
  * dipped our feet at panglao beach (no time already)
  * island city mall for merienda

DAY 4 (May 17, 2010)
- wake up early to catch the fast ferry at the Tubigon port going back to Cebu :(
- back to reality...


But at least, I definitely enjoyed these 3 days with relatives. Truly memorable! Incomparable. Bohol has a very unique country feel and every experience is something to be cherished for a long time to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...