09 December 2011

FOODIE THOUGHTS: Jatujak @ SM City The Block

Bone tired? A nice dinner always does wonders for me. Especially if you dine with a friend that you can really talk to. That's what I had earlier.

My friend and I met at SM North and good thing was that she hasn't eaten yet; same with me. We were thinking out loud some names of restos but then she remembered a place where she and her family recently dined in but she forgot the name..luckily I knew what she was referring to though I haven't eaten there yet. It's JATUJAK! =)

My brother gave high praises to this place last year and now I have the opportunity to experience it. They offer Thai foods. Let's see how it fares. Check it out!

The elephant is cute!

CRISPY PORK (P245.00) Mayen, my friend, recommended this one and she said that she wanted a repeat so we ordered. This dish is quite simple, like the Lechon Kawali, but the sauce is so goooood! The waiter said it was made of calamansi, sugar and patis. I hope he did not leave anything out, after all, this is supposed to be a trade secret. Haha! Its sweet yet a bit sour and spicy. And you can ask for extra sauce so you'll have plenty around. It made a world of difference. The presence of some veggies--lettuce and cucumber were a welcome sight in this dish. Lessened the guilt just a little bit. Haha! =) 
BAGOONG RICE (P160.00) Just the right taste, not too salty, just enough to tickle your taste buds with the saltiness and  a bit of sweetness from the sliced mango. Just this dish alone is a full meal in itself. It's packed with flavor and a full tummy is what you're going to get as soon as you dive into it. 
CHICKEN PANDAN (P240.00) A simple dish as well, but perfectly cooked. It's boneless, seasoned  perfectly and cooked tenderly. You get to dip it in their sweet chili sauce but me, I prefer to put in the sauce from the Crispy Pork. So good! This is also one of Jatujak's bestsellers as well. 
Me and Mayen..sharing stories and good food for the night
Loved the meal! All of it! =)
For my first time? I rate it a 4.5 out of 5. I enjoyed the food and the quiet ambiance even if we sat outside. Good thing there's not much crowd around this time so it was a relaxed atmosphere there. I know, on busy days, it can get pretty crazy at this area especially since it's near the cinemas.

I will definitely come back to try their other offerings. =)

RESTO FACTS:
JATUJAK 
SM City North Edsa The Block
North Ave. cor. Edsa, Quezon City, Metro Manila
(02) 442-0354

2 comments:

  1. i ♥ chatuchak as well. specially the crispy catfish salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chyng,

    Talaga, masarap yan? I will try that next time I eat there. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...