04 January 2017

Baguio Eats: Zen's Restaurant at Mines View Park Hotel

Last November, me and my family traveled to the City of Pines, Baguio City, for my mom's 60th birthday. This was the first time that we went there as a family and we very much looked forward to this vacation.

Prior to this trip, me and my mom did lots of research on where we should eat and we came up with a lot of choices. So basically, upon arrival there, I already had a game plan where we should dine.

So this post, and the next ones, are the documentation of these resto-hopping food trips.

First stop, the in-house restaurant of the Mines View Park Hotel where we were billeted, Zen's Restaurant.
Chicken and Pork Adobo with Strawberries
One of their bestsellers. The twist to this classic Filipino dish is the presence of plump strawberries in the sauce which added hints of sweet and sour taste to it. I actually liked it. It's an ingenious way to incorporate the Baguio staple in a simple dish.
Pork Strawberry Sinigang
Wow! I liked this a lot. Who would have known strawberries can be used as a sour ingredient for sinigang. I've had sinigang with watermelon (which was weirdly good) but this was also a revelation. 
Bibingcrepe
What an invention! Marrying bibingka and crepe in one! It was not sweet so the condensed milk, syrup and choco sprinkles on top did the sweetening part. We ordered take-out after we checked out because it was that good.
Longsilog
My complimentary breakfast and includes coffee, tea or juice. Very convenient because you don't need to think where to have your first meal of the day and saves you money at the same time. I love longganisa and this was good. I also had bacon but was not able to take a good photo.


Their food here is good so it was very nice for those staying because they have that option.

Apart from the food, service at the hotel itself is great. Me and my family had a wonderful time here!



~Lovelee~


RESTO FACTS:
Zen's Restaurant
Mines View Park Hotel
Outlook Drive South
cor. Apostol St. Baguio City
Benguet
Facebook: Zen's Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...