21 July 2015

Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant: Of Spatzle & Sausages



My liking for sausages often lead me to try out different places that offers them. But my experiences are few. To note some were Treffpunkt in Cubao (now closed, I believe, after existing for so long) and those stalls in weekend food markets that I always see.

So when former office mates and I decided to have a rare dinner date, they asked me where to eat and after some thinking, I suddenly thought of Brotzeit in Glorietta 4 that I often passed by on my way to the MRT or SM Makati. So that's why we ended up here.

Here are our orders:
Apple Juice (Php 90.00)
Since I was so thirsty, I wanted something refreshing so I got this. Pretty much tasted like the one from imported carton juices. Sweet and refreshing, but bitin.
Crispy Chicken Salad (Small - Php 295.00 / Regular Php 495.00)
Mixed salad with crispy chicken fillet, potato salad, semi-dried tomatoes. sweet corn, cucumbers and pumpkin seed oil tossed with house dressing. What a mouthful, but tasted bland. 
Bavarian Pizza (Php 540.00)
With tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, leg ham, red and green bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Very thin but very tasty. And good for 3-4 people.
Cheese Spatzle (Php 580.00)
Bavarian homemade Spatzle (soft egg pasta, pronounced shpaetzli) 
with assorted melted cheeses and crisp onion rings. Now this I really liked because I am into creamy dishes. And the thin onion rings complimented the creaminess of the dish. My friends were done with this but I finished off its remnants. 
Pork Cheese Sausages (Php 480.00)
Smoked pork cheese sausages with potato salad and sauerkraut. Small in size but not in taste. These sausages are delicious! But I did not like the potato salad because it was bland and the sauerkraut is ok, I liked the one that I've tasted at Treffpunkt before.
The place was moderately spacious. Regular customers are expats more than locals. 


Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience. 1 or 2 of our orders we had to follow up with the waiter 2x but he was nice and courteous so we let it pass.

Will I come back? Yes, sure. But the prices are a bit above average so better ready your wallet also. =)



~Lovelee~

RESTO FACTS:

Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant
G/F Glorietta 4, Ayala Center
Glorietta Complex, Makati City
(02) 893-2815
FB: Brotzeit Philippines

1 comment:

  1. I miss Brotzeit! You should try their chocolate cake. It's phenomenal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...