23 May 2013

Green Mango and Bagoong Ice Cream: A Uniquely-Flavored Cold Treat

Wow! First of all, I am so happy that my blog is working once again. After a 4-month hiatus... I am so back! Thanks to a very kind officemate who did me a great favor. Thanks, Ryan!

Going back to the subject of my post, I finally had the chance to try a special-flavored ice cream that I bet no one has thought of before. Nor did it ever crossed their minds. It's so unique that it's difficult to fathom to people I shared this experience with.

I tried Sebastian's Artisan Ice Cream's unique concoction...

Sebastian's has been in the business for a long time but I believe that this is just my first time to try it. And when I did, it was with a big bang! I ordered their Green Mango with Bagoong!

It is a green mango sorbet topped with sweet bagoong. Sounds weird? Eeeky for an ice cream? Well, you are surely mistaken! The moment the sorbet with a bit of the bagoong landed and melted inside my mouth, the flavors bursted with so many flavors that are truly delightful. The sourness mixed with the savory sweetness of the bagoong is pure bliss. Weird bliss that is, but bliss nonetheless. It also came to a point that I tasted tamarind flavor in between once combined.

In short, I loved this! And I will definitely come back again for the same flavor though I have to try their Champorado flavor soon too, and the Sapin-Sapin.


I love this picture! Made me crave for one while looking at it. This is a truly Pinoy flavor that we can all be proud of especially to foreign visitors who would like to try what is uniquely a Filipino flavored appetizer-cum-dessert.

For P140, I think the price is pretty reasonable. After all, you can't get it elsewhere. I think. =)

RESTO FACTS:
Sebastian's Artisan Ice Cream
https://www.facebook.com/Sebastians.Ice.Cream

15 comments:

  1. Love Sebastian's! :) Wish they'll introduce more unique flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love manggang hilaw and bagoong but I've never tried it this way. I'm curious as to how it tastes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel that sour sensation as i read your post! but im so curious to try it! ive tried ice cream with siling labuyo and it was a wonderful experience! would try this too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is my first time to saw an ice cream na may bagoong. Nag crave akong bigla haha. How I wish meron Sebastian dito sa amin para matikman. Thanks for sharing sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it's a limited edition flavor. I wanna try this since last year. Your last pic makes me crave for one right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can truly sense the burst of flavor in your mouth just by reading this. It feels like I'm the one who tasted it. Now I'm really curious and I wanna try it ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can sense the burst of flavors in your mouth just by reading this post. It feels like I actually tasted it. Now I want to try it ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh em gee!! that is quiet unique. just thinking how it actually tastes is just mouthwatering..i am happy we continue to explore option on how to serve our traditional snacks =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the Ice Cream parlor my boss is talking about. hahaha Super unique flavors I should try this out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drooling right now! Rated K featured this also and I think I need to try this. I love green mango and bagoong, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved Sebastian's! I haven't tried this flavor yet though, but I'll make sure to do so soon. Btw, which branch is this? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sumi! Try it! It's so good! Oh, this is in Katipunan, in front of Ateneo Gate 3 =)

      Delete
  12. omg! this one looks something not yummy for me haha i am not that experimentive pgdtng s foods haha though it would be fun to try it out since i love bagoong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so innovative! I really need to check this out! Something new for our foreign friends to try aside from Balut :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. really wanna try this! i love tangy sorbets.. the photo of the green mango & bagoong looks good! must try this one soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...