02 December 2014

Hong Kong Trip: HK Disneyland

(Late Post: This trip happened last 2012)



It was my first time to go out of the country. It was fun and very memorable. Of course, a lot of us, our first time out is usually in Hong Kong. Why? Because it's very near the Philippines, there is no visa and... they have Disneyland! Haha!

The weather that time was cold and I basked in that glorious weather. A  definite sweater weather. I loved it!

While waiting for our tour guide, we decided to grab some breakfast at the airport. Our first taste of Hong Kong!
Our hotel, Rambler Oasis,  was located over at the New Territories which is far from the busy hustle and bustle of known Hong Kong but is near the HKG International Airport (19kms.) and Disneyland (short train ride if coming from Tsing Yi station). From the hotel, we ride a mini bus going to the MTR station. From these vantage point, we got to observe how the locals are in their daily routine. It was our short time of calm before we experience the rest that Hong Kong has to offer.

Now, one of the highlights of the trip was to go to Disneyland. It's a childhood, and oh well, adulthood wish to come to the US to experience that but thank goodness there are some in Asia already and the most affordable is the one here. So, park that US Disneyland wish for now.
Love that their Disney Train has details that is so obviously..Disney. Such as the windows in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head.
 And we have arrived!
Hong Kong Disneyland is located on reclaimed land in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island. It is the first theme park located inside the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and is owned and managed by the Hong Kong International Theme Parks (Wikipedia). 

Ticket is priced now at HK $499, or roughly Php2,994. A bit steep but worth it especially if you grew up watching and being a fan of Disney movies and characters. 
Love the scenery, the vibe and the weather! 
Taking in the sights at the Main Street.
And look, we met some kababayans who are part of Disney. The marching band! All Pinoys! Super proud of them. They chatted with us shortly and they proceeded with what they do best, to entertain the visitors with their lively music.
For lunch, we tried out these. A bit expensive also but good thing was that the serving sizes were big. And tasted good too.


Was not able to ride a real elephant, but this would do for now. Dumbo!
Some more of the sights! We were not able to explore the whole park because we were a bit tired already but we were happy with what we saw.
The finale for us..the parade where I heard the song "It's A Small World After All" and it made me tear up a bit. Flashes of childhood memories welled up and it made me nostalgic, that's why. But then, I see all the beautiful floats and the Disney princesses and other famous characters and it made me giddy as a child once again. Crazy, I know.
Happy smiles for us! 

So happy to have been here! 
Practicing his train ticket-vending knowledge.
Tired travellers on a very cold night. This is the life for me! 

Lovely day, it really was. Very special. Time spent exploring famous or unknown places is the best feeling for any traveler.

Next time I go here, I have to really wait for the fireworks show. That's a promise I made to myself.


~Lovelee~

Check out my previous posts:

Hong Kong City Tour

1 comment:

  1. My sister, bf and I are booked for HK some time next year. We'll only be staying for 3 days, so we might skip Disneyland 'cause of too loaded of an itinerary. But I'm crossing my fingers for another seat sale covering our travel date, so we can add a whole day to spend in Disneyland. >.< Anyway, can't wait to see your other posts about your HK trip. I know this was back in 2012 pa, but if it's not much of a hassle, can I ask for your itinerary (even a simplified version) when you went to HK?

    Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...